Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Camping

If you read Heather's blog, then you know we went camping this weekend (okay, Kevin and Norah camped. Lucy and I joined in on the daytime fun).  Those of you who know me well, know that I don't love camping, but I will go ocassionally because Kevin loves it.  We have probably camped 3 or 4 times in our 8 year marriage.  I have actually thought that God gave me little girls so I wouldn't have to camp very often - I know, dumb.  Kevin has reminded me SEVERAL times that growing up they camped with families who had girls.  I do love hiking, eating camping food, and roasting marshmallows - but I don't really like sleeping in a tent.  

Anyway, Kevin and Norah had a great time!!  As Heather said, the sun didn't come up at 5 - so Norah slept until 7 or so both mornings.  This is a way better time to camp than in the summer because the kids were able to get a normal night sleep and it wasn't hot!  I also think have Savannah there made a HUGE difference for Norah!  They play so well together and let's face it, there are just some things that are more fun with friends.
Lucy had fun while we were there - she didn't want to leave either night.  First thing Saturday morning Lucy was begging to go camping again!  She was concerned that the other kids might eat all the marshmallows.  

If you haven't checked out Heather's post - check it out.  Her pics are way better than mine!  Here are a few though.

2 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

How fun! The nights weren't too cold??? I got down into the 40's here over the weekend.

Dan and Amanda said...

I...didn't get down into the 40's, but the temperatures did. :)