Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Quick Recap

I know I haven't posted for a little while, but we have had a MILLION things going on!! Here is a brief overview of all we have done.


I have coffee/dessert with some new friends who are also homeschooling. It was great to chat about our plans for the next year without being interupted by all the children. They have great ideas/suggestions that I plan to incorporate into our day.

Kevin and I went to Florida for a few days. Those of you who know me, know that I stress out about leaving my kiddos - especially when flying on an airplane. I don't usually sleep well the night before we leave and I have a nervous/anxious feeling in my gut from the time we leave our house until we land safely at our destination (it starts all over again when it is time to leave).

This time, however, I saw God working in my life when our good friends, the Norwines, showed up behind us at the security check. Even more ironic is that they were on our airplane. They were flying through Miami on their way to the Bahamas. They are incredibly busy with teenagers and we, of course, are busy with little ones, so we don't have a lot of time to hang out. We were so busy chatting/catching up that the time in the airport flew by - and I don't even remember feeling anxious or nervous. I LOVE recognizing the little ways God reveals himself to us.

We had a great time of relaxing and sleeping. We spent about 2 days on the beach (with LOTS of sunblock and a large umbrella - I have this new found fear of skin cancer and wrinkles) and we ate at some yummy restaurants. It was nice to get away for a few days while the girls played nonstop with my mom.

Sunday, my sister and I (and Nicole, although we didn't see each other) ran in the All-Star 5K. It was a beautiful day - not too hot with a slight breeze.

Sunday afternoon, my college roommate, Beth, came by while she was in town. It was great seeing her and catching up.

Yesterday we went to one of those bounce house places, similar to Bounce-U. The girls had a great time running around with some new friends (other homeschoolers).

Today, the girls hung out at Heather's while I ran some errands. We hadn't seen the Morrison's in a couple of weeks, so I know they enjoyed have some time with Savannah and Sawyer.

I am trying to get some planning done for our first 12 weeks of school. Besides homeschooling Norah this year for kindergarten, I am also going to do some preschool stuff with Lucy. I have decided to follow this plan with Norah and I am really excited about it.

Through all this craziness, I am also continuing to train for the triathlon. This week I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the exercising, but knowing I have a little over 5 weeks helps a little. The running is going fine and the swimming is fine. I have been biking 7-9 miles and have to get to 12 before the race, but adding the 3 together is the overwhelming part!!

0 comments: