Saturday, May 16, 2009

God Works in Mysterious Ways

The hardest thing right now about homeschooling is that we don't know anyone Norah's age who homeschools.  Norah often asks when she is going to GO to school - like her friends.  She seems to enjoy the schooling that we do together, but I think she feels like the odd one out because she doesn't have any friends who are homeschooled.  


Today at Norah's soccer game, I casually got into a conversation with one of the other moms.  She mentioned that she is homeschooling her daughter next year and when I mentioned I am too, she pointed out 2 of the other girls on Norah's team who are also going to homeschool next year!  I started talking to one of the other moms who said they are in the same situation as us - they don't know many other people who homeschool.  

The other great thing is - not only do they homeschool, but they also go to our church!  We are going to plan a playdate soon!  

I am so thankful because I have been praying to meet other homeschool families with kids Norah's age!!  

3 comments:

ErinL said...

That is such a God thing! Have you looked into the local support groups to see if they have any field trips or activities for homeschooling families with younger children? It seems like I remember those types of things when we were there. O'Fallon and St. Charles both have groups. You'll probably find more people homeschooling as your kids get older but looking back I didn't have many homeschooling friends in St. Charles either. Here 90% of my friends homeschool but we live in a state whose schools are ranked very low. Do you know the last names of the families you met? I'd love to know if I know any of them.

Shaddae said...

Hi, I'm a homeschooling mom in O'Fallon, MO. I belong to a homeschool co-op called Crossroads Christian Connections that welcomes preschoolers and kindergarteners you can learn more here: http://crossroadschristianconnection.net/

There is also a huge support group in st. charles.

Sade

Sarah G said...

Hey Heather!! So, glad that we met you at soccer! It is totally a God thing for us too because I've been praying and praying for God to send our family some friends that were homeschooling and kids the same ages as our girls. What a blessing it has been to meet you, Beka, and Lori. Really I can not tell you how great this is for me and for Lily. We are looking forward to hanging out again soon.