Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Check-In

So maybe if I post here that I am going to check in once a week and post recent happenings - maybe I will actually do it. I don't want grandparents to feel neglected, right?

Norah -
Spent a few days last week with my parents. She had a great time being spoiled and loved all the extra time with her cousins who live in Morton. She is glad to be on summer break already - although we may not get her nose out of her books this summer. Ha! She cracks me up because the house could be falling down around her while she is reading and she would NEVER know it. I have to make her set her book down (upside down or closed) and actually look me in the eye or she would not hear nor respond to anything I say. Kevin would say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I am sure my dad would say the same thing.

Lucy -
Turning 5 has brought out some sass that we didn't know Lucy had in her. That has been interesting. We spend quite a bit of time talking about being loving, respectful, kind, etc. She seems to have a little smirk while she is sassy - so I think she is testing the water a little bit!! She missed Norah a lot last week. She wanted to talk to Norah everyday on the phone - and each time I heard her say, "I miss you, Norah!" to which Norah responded with silence. We totally need to break her finger sucking habit. . . again, but she is such a great sleeper that I am concerned about the change that may come as a result.

Daphne -
Poor girl is having some serious seasonal allergy issues right now. Her nose is constantly runny, her eczema is totally flared up and she is continuously scratching her neck. She gets her daily dose of Zyrtek but that only helps a little. She is talking all the time and in full sentences, which cracks me up. I think that because she is so tiny for her age, it seems odd to hear her talking so much. This week as I was making waffles, Daphne went to the bathroom and carried the stool from there to the kitchen. When I question her she said, "I see what mommy doing." Today, Kevin was going to Goodwill to drop off some stuff and Daphne said, "Daddy, me coming." When Kevin told her no, she came to me with the saddest face ever, "Mommy, me coming. Daddy, no." After seeing her face, he changed his mind and her with him. Ha!

Not a whole lot new is going on with Kevin and me. Kevin has worked a lot on our garden. He is the gardener here. I am too neglectful - I can't remember to water. We have tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and carrots. Work is busy for Kevin - but that is normal.

I went through my Boot Camp Challenge training this weekend. I am really excited about facilitating some classes. I really like this company and how they combine exercise and nutrition because a lot of gyms/exercise classes/trainers don't do that. I start teaching my own classes in June and I am really excited about it!!


That's it for now. I'll be back in about a week!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the update. The pictures are darling. Now we don't feel neglected this week.