Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lucy's Story 1

Yesterday morning, Lucy and I went to Norah's Christmas party at school. While the kids in the class were eating their snack, Lucy pulled up her own chair to sit next to Norah. She was nibbling on some goldfish when she turns to me and says, "Dip, dip" (which means drink in Lucy language) and I told her that I didn't bring her cup and that she needs to wait until we get home (really I didn't want to deal with her drinking juice out of a dixie cup). She got up out of her chair, walked over to the dramatic play area, got out a little plastic cup and brought it back to the table and set it down at her spot.
Obviously, she was thirsty, so I gave her a dixie cup with water. I guess I could have done that to begin with so she didn't have to pretend to have a drink while all the other kids were drinking juice.

0 comments: