Thursday, December 6, 2007

Getting to Know Me, The Christmas Edition

Getting to know me, The Christmas Edition
I guess it's my turn.

1. Do you use wrapping paper or giftbags? I wrap everything in paper unless it is too awkward or an odd shape. I also put bows and curling ribbon on most presents!

.2. Do you put up a real or fake tree? Fake. I do love real trees, but the few times Kev and I picked out a real tree - we picked the worst tree! Crooked, too big, you name it! I finally convinced him to get a fake tree - once the girls are bigger we may get a real one again.

3. When do you put up your tree? After Thanksgiving - as soon as we can.

4. When do you take down your tree? Right after Christmas. Last year the girls and I stayed a few extra days in Morton while Kevin had to get back for work. When the girls and I got back, Kevin had taken down the tree and put ALL the decorations away! It was great because I think it is such a chore!
.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really.

6. What is your most favorite gift from your childhood? I have a horrible memory so I don't really remember many gifts that I got.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have 2 kids set - the Little People and a wooden one

8. Who is the hardest person to shop for? I'd have to say my brother-in-law. I always end up getting him a gift card because I can't think of a good gift.

9. Who is the easiest person to shop for? The girls, of course. My mom is pretty easy, too.

10. Do you email or mail Christmas cards? Mail, for sure! I love getting Christmas cards in the mail!!

11. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received? Not sure.

12. What is your favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas - without a doubt!!! Kevin is not a fan of musicals so he is very glad we have 2 girls to watch with me now. I think we should make it a family tradition, though - we can all 4 watch!!

13. When do you start your Christmas shopping? Usually September or so. If I start too early, I forget and end up buying too much.

14.Do you recycle gifts? Nope

.15. What’s your favorite thing to eat this time of year? Hamloaf (LOL)! Seriously, I love the cookies! Peanut butter blossoms are my favorite. I also like springerlies - a German cookie (family recipe)!

16. Do you put up clear or colored lights? Clear, for sure

17. What’s your favorite Christmas song? White Christmas, Silent Night, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Do You Hear What I Hear? I guess I can't just list one!!

18. Do you travel for the holidays? Almost always!

19. Do you know all the reindeer’s names? Yes.

20. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Day? We usually open presents with one side of the family a week or 2 before Christmas and then continue right until Christmas. This year we opened presents with my family on Thanksgiving.

21. What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year? Busy stores! I try to do all my shopping during the week in the mornings!

22. What’s your favorite ornament theme or color them? Hmmm. I change every couple of years - I don't really have a favorite at this point. I love angels - I have whole shelf dedicated to the angels I have collected over the years.

23. What do you eat for Christmas dinner? Hamloaf with my mom's side of the family. Ham with Kev's.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? What don't I want!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I don't even know what hamloaf is...I'm not sure I want to :)

K.M.L said...

Hey there! I have a Christmas card here with the Swinigan name on it...can you send me your address???? THanks!

Kyle Luke said...

It's not a fake tree . . . it's an artificial tree. :)