Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 3 Check-In


Since I know my dad is checking my blog to see if I stick with my weekly check-in (aka pictures of his granddaughters), here it is:

Everyone was sick at some point over the last week - blah. Norah needed breathing treatments and antibiotics for ear infections, Lu had a nasty stomach bug, and DJ has some adenoid virus that is accompanied by a BAD cough and sore throat. Ick.

Despite the sickness, we have had moments where everyone felt decent at the same time. We are shopping around for some new living room furniture. We bought our cream colored furniture -which has been really loved over the past 10 year as noted by the holes, stain and missing pillows. Ha! We wanted to wait until we were basically done potty training - we are almost there. Yea! As much as I would LOVE new furniture - we refuse to spend a lot so we have to shop around!!! The kids have been fabulous at the furniture stores - they love imagining every single piece of furniture somewhere in our house.

Speaking of potty training - overall, Daphne is doing great!! Today was our worst day so far - with multiple accidents. The norm has been 1 accident a day - at the most. I couldn't help myself - I had to post this picture. Sorry, Dad, I know he will think it is inappropriate, but it is so cute!! I was reading a book to her each time she sat on the potty and if she goes, she gets a jelly bean. After a couple of days, she decided that she wanted to read the Bible. When I ask her if she wants me to read her a book, she replies, "No, Mommy, me read Bible." She just fingers through it and stops on any page that has something underlined. Then she passes it to me and asks me to read it. Cracks me up!

We also made it to the pool over the weekend. All three girls had a great time - and can't wait for swimming lessons which start tonight!!

We have a super busy week ahead so hopefully I will remember to take lots of pictures!! We have a play date almost everyday this week!!

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

Looks like a good week minus the illness. :) So the picture of Daphne on the potty is cracking me up. :) SO cute! I think she looks a lot like Norah in that one.

Alison said...

I remember a similar picture from your wedding. Dad wasn't too happy about that one either!