Friday, September 24, 2010

So Much to Blog About

but not time to blog!! Homeschooling Norah and Lucy is keeping me busier than I expected. I can hardly keep my house clean. Er, I mean, I can't keep it clean. I can't keep up with the laundry. My family is lucky right now to get meals.


Daphne doesn't help the situation because she is into EVERYTHING!! I don't get much housework done during Daphne's nap - we are usually still doing school. Then once Daphne is awake - she is usually attempting to destroy things. If I am unloading the dishwasher - Daphne is usually trying to put clean dishes in the dishwasher - or she is trying to climb in. If I am folding laundry - she is unfolding it. If I am picking up toys - she is following me, taking them all back out!!

While school is going well, and we are thoroughly enjoying Daphne's toddler-hood, I still need to find a balance. I have come to the realization that my house will not be clean on a regular basis. It's fine. When the girls are grown - I don't want them to look back and remember that all I cared about was having a clean house. I want to enjoy them. I want to read to them. I want to teach them about Jesus. The best part of homeschooling is that we can do this all the time. Talking about Jesus can be a normal part of our day - not just in the evenings and the weekends. When learning about animals - we have talked everyday about these animals as God's creation and he made every animal unique.

I have pics to post from our trip to Chicago, Pumpkin Festival and several field trips we have taken. I will get the pictures uploaded sometime soon. . . I hope.

1 comments:

Erin said...

We have an awesome blessing and opportunity at home, don't we?! WE do - not our houses :) I feel your "pain" but you've got the right perspective. It just takes time to grow into it, I think :)

So, you were in Morton for the PFest?!! I've been thinking about you and would love to see your little family! Maybe when you come up next we can get together?! (my email is my first and last name @ comcast.net)